From: tiagoqlopes@gmail.com on
Hi,

I am new to Cisco PIX firewalls and I am trying to use the PDM to
configure the PIX 501.

I log to the PIX via a browser (have tried multiple IE, Firefox, Opera)
https://192.168.1.1/startup.html I log on the PIX and the browser says
it is loading the java app but I get a java error:

exeception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.net.SocketPermission 192.168.1.1:443 connect,resolve)

Any suggestions?

Also, I am intending on using the PIX to enable me to use the Cisco VPN
Client to connect to my workplace from home. Could anyone send me a
sample config for the PIX?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!!

From: Walter Roberson on
In article <1136247422.261729.119020(a)z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
tiagoqlopes(a)gmail.com <tiagoqlopes(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>I am new to Cisco PIX firewalls and I am trying to use the PDM to
>configure the PIX 501.

>I log to the PIX via a browser (have tried multiple IE, Firefox, Opera)
>https://192.168.1.1/startup.html I log on the PIX and the browser says
>it is loading the java app but I get a java error:

>exeception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
>(java.net.SocketPermission 192.168.1.1:443 connect,resolve)

>Any suggestions?

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Firewalls/Q_21618853.html

summary: you are encountering a problem with your Java.
A couple of possible solutions are given there.

Another site hints that upgrading to pdm 3.0.3 will help.
From: Kirk Goins on
Been There, Done That...

Your PC's Java JDK is too high for the version of PDM installed on the
PIX. You need to upgrade the PIX to the latest version of PDM from Cisco.

From: tiagoqlopes@gmail.com on
Walter,

Thank you for your hints regarding PDM and Java. Unfortunately I still
have not been able to log into the PDM.

Did a bit more research and have found that this problem is sorted out
with the new PDM update, i.e. 3.0.3.

I have also spoken to Cisco Tech Support and I will have to purchase
the update. This really isn't very good is it?!

Does anyone have the latest version of PDM that could share it with me?

From: MyndPhlyp on

<tiagoqlopes(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Cisco PIX firewalls and I am trying to use the PDM to
> configure the PIX 501.
>
> I log to the PIX via a browser (have tried multiple IE, Firefox, Opera)
> https://192.168.1.1/startup.html I log on the PIX and the browser says
> it is loading the java app but I get a java error:
>
> exeception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
> (java.net.SocketPermission 192.168.1.1:443 connect,resolve)
>
> Any suggestions?

PDM v3.0 and the newer Java runtimes are not compatible. The release notes
for PDM v3.0 indicate only up to Java v1.4.2_03 is supported. The workaround
is to DOWNGRADE the Java runtime.

UNINSTALL the newer Java runtime before installing the downgrade.

Here's a couple of links to help you out.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pdm/v_30/rel_nts/pdmrn302.htm

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_03/index.html