From: Les on

I am in the process of upgrading our development environment from VS2003 to
VS2005. I have both versions installed, side by side, on my system.

A couple of c++ routines, when compiled in VS2005, produce the following
error message(s) :

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afxwin.h(280) :
error C2248:
'CObject::CObject' : cannot access private member declared in class
'CObject'

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio
8\vc\atlmfc\include\afx.h(558) : see declaration of 'CObject::CObject'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio
8\vc\atlmfc\include\afx.h(529) : see declaration of 'CObject'
This diagnostic occurred in the compiler generated function
'CGdiObject::CGdiObject(const CGdiObject &)'

There are no other compile messages.
I have not made any changes to our C++ or header files and the same routines
compiled in VS2003 produce no error messages.

As far as I can tell the relevant parts of the VS2003 and VS2005 versions of
these header files are unchanged.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks
Les