From: Hector Santos on
Just finished installed VS2010/PRO. What can I say - BUT WOW!!
Absolutely incredible - Microsoft GREAT JOB!!

There were were some things, like not being able to step thru some
code, slow stepping, a new GUI editor to get use too, but overall - I
LIKE!!!! No real compiling of anything, just created a few new C++
and C# projects, GUI and console. I will now try to recompile some VC6
code and also some already ported VS2005 projects.

Unlike my VS2005 installation in the past, this time I said YES TO
EVERYTHING to get the full expected experience. I will turn off things
as I learn it.

Now let me see what I can do with this "Thing of Beauty!" :)

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com

<offtopic>

Proud Dad Note! My daughter Jaclyn Santos is one of the contestants in
the Bravo's new reality show, "Work of Art: Next Great Artist"
(starting June 10).

http://www.bravotv.com/work-of-art/videos/the-next-great-artist
http://jaclynsantos.com/blog

</offtopic>
From: Eddie Paz on
How about the ~1.7MB simple dialog application you get when compiling MFC as
a static library? How about no intellisense at all for VC.NET?

From: Hector Santos on

Eddie Paz wrote:

> How about the ~1.7MB simple dialog application you get when compiling
> MFC as a static library? How about no intellisense at all for VC.NET?

Ouch!

Well, so far I am having a blast playing with it and I am happy as a
pig in mud with the Class Wizard BACK and better!

I did spent 10 mins looking for a fix for this RC 1201? -ologo build
failure, related to the V6.0 SDK path included in the VC++
directories. The converted either added that or it was there all along
and didn't change it.

--
HLS
From: ab` on
It's very hard to describe VS10 as being better for MFC development,
besides the "message map popup."
From: Goran on
On May 27, 7:10 am, Hector Santos <sant9...(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote:
> Eddie Paz wrote:
> > How about the ~1.7MB simple dialog application you get when compiling
> > MFC as a static library? How about no intellisense at all for VC.NET?
>
> Ouch!
>
> Well, so far I am having a blast playing with it and I am happy as a
> pig in mud with the Class Wizard BACK and better!

What, the one from VS98? Eugh... I am not so sure we should be happy
about that. But hopefully idiotic class wizard markup in comments is
not back?

Goran.