From: Henryk Birecki on
Jerry Coffin <jerryvcoffin(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>In article <erHOj5E4KHA.1716(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, lab2k1(a)gmail.c0m
>says...
>
>[ ... ]
>
>> Somewhat related, any word on when the downloadable MSDN
>> Library will be updated? Seems still stuck at 2008 Sp1.
>
>I doubt it will be. If you look through the instructions on the link
>I posted, it shows how to get the "help library manager" to download
>content.
>
>This has (what at least should be) a major improvement: it allows you
>to exclude content you don't want. For those of us doing primarily
>desktop/server development, being able to exclude Windows CE docs is
>*extremely* useful!

I was not aware that the VS2010 is capable of supporting WinCE
development like VS2008 (Smart devices) Is it?

Cheers,
Henryk Birecki

From: David Ching on
"Henryk Birecki" <soaringpilot(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I was not aware that the VS2010 is capable of supporting WinCE
> development like VS2008 (Smart devices) Is it?

I believe VS2010 supports Windows Phone 7 development. VS2008 supports the
deprecated Windows Mobile development.

-- David

From: Pete Delgado on

"David Ching" <dc(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Henryk Birecki" <soaringpilot(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> I was not aware that the VS2010 is capable of supporting WinCE
>> development like VS2008 (Smart devices) Is it?
>>

> I believe VS2010 supports Windows Phone 7 development. VS2008 supports
> the deprecated Windows Mobile development.

The funny part it, that Microsoft made the statement some time ago that
Windows Mobile "Classic" (6.5) is supposed to continue as it is the
"business class" platform. Unfortunately, I think it's fairly easy to read
the tea leaves...

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20100216/windows-phones-7-series-classic-co-exist/
http://mobile.venturebeat.com/2010/02/18/microsoft-renaming-windows-mobile-6-5-to-windows-mobile-classic/
http://www.istartedsomething.com/20100216/windows-phones-7-series-classic-co-exist/

I guess we can wait until the 6.53 release to see if there is true
enhancement or simply extended support.

-Pete