From: Gaetor on
yes both are ... I suspect this has something to do with the Com+ subsystem
or possibly the .Net framework config, does anyone with more knowledge than
me on these subjects have any suggestions on the error message which mentions
CLSID {65ee1dba-8ff4-4a58-ac1c-3470ee2f376a} and/or why the swprv.dll fails
to register?

From: Touch Base on

"Gaetor" <Gaetor(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF4FA92C-D2C3-4E1F-9FA8-3E96F5B73E34(a)microsoft.com...
| Win XP SP2
| All Disks Formatted NTFS
|
| The volume shadow functionality which previously worked on this system now
| fails with the error:
|
| Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:8004230f
| Reverting to non-shadow copy backup mode.

<snip>

Have a look here and see if any of this data is relevant to the situation:

Volume Shadow Copy Error
http://www.backupassist.com/KnowledgeBase/index.php/Main/ErrorVolumeShadowCopy

Good luck
--

(A)bort, (R)etry, (P)retend this never happened

From: bricenott on
Hi there Guys,

Sorry to interrupt, but I have to say I have a similar problem that
craking my head. I get this same errors below discribed by Gaetor
"Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Error creating the Shadow Copy
Provider COM class with CLSID {65ee1dba-8ff4-4a58-ac1c-3470ee2f376a}
[0x80040154].", but also, I just realize that get this whitout even
trying to make a backup, also I get an error when I cmd "vssadmin list
shadows" with error 0x8000ffff, the writers cmd sais all stable... I
began to check on this because I'm trying to make a backup with norton
ghost 10, from one drive to another 80 gb both with the copy drive
feature, the errors I get with ghost are
5/7/2006 7:15:20 AM High Priority Error: Error EC8F17B3: Cannot
complete copying of SYSTEM (C:\) drive. 0xEBAB0005 (Norton Ghost)
5/7/2006 9:06:14 AM High Priority Error: Error EC8F17B3: Cannot
complete copying of SYSTEM (C:\) drive. 0xEBAB0005 (Norton Ghost)

Can you help me please ???

Gaetor ha escrito: