From: Rob on
I am finding that Windows explorer in xp sp2 is crashing on a ever increasing
frequency. When reporting the error I am directed to the following link
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=78979500-6f2b-4a25-94b5-df699ce64745&SID=1809
this solution seems to be temporary as this problem keeps re-occuring.
I can not find any related errors in the event viewer either.
From: William Anderson on
Hi there Rob,

The error that you linked us to is an IE error.

Have you tried installing the IE7 Beta2? It should load a fresh install of
Internet Explorer, plus you get a nifty Phishing Filter and tabbed browsing!

Give it a try and let us know:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

Hope this Helps!

Best Regards,

~Will

From: Rob on
When windows explorer crashes that is the link I get when sending error report.
No I have not tried IE7 Beta 2. I was not aware I could. I will try it.

From: William Anderson on
Well...let us know how it goes. If that doesn't work out...we'll go to the
next step.

Best Regards,

~Will

From: Rob on
After a few days I lost all ability to access the internet and could not
uninstall IE7.
I was able to use system restore to restore IE6 and internet access. I did
have to re-install IE6 though. Why this happened I do know.
Since restoring and re-installing IE6 I have had only one error with the
same message, this time it was MSN Messenger crashing. It had been crashing a
lot but suddenly stopped.
For the past 3 days I have had no problems or errors.

"William Anderson" wrote:

> Well...let us know how it goes. If that doesn't work out...we'll go to the
> next step.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> ~Will
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > When windows explorer crashes that is the link I get when sending error report.
> > No I have not tried IE7 Beta 2. I was not aware I could. I will try it.
> >
> > "William Anderson" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi there Rob,
> > >
> > > The error that you linked us to is an IE error.
> > >
> > > Have you tried installing the IE7 Beta2? It should load a fresh install of
> > > Internet Explorer, plus you get a nifty Phishing Filter and tabbed browsing!
> > >
> > > Give it a try and let us know:
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx
> > >
> > > Hope this Helps!
> > >
> > > Best Regards,