From: torgrot on
Each time I boot my computer WinXP SP2, I recieve the following error: Your
system has no paging file, or the paging file is to small. I have followed
the instructions to increase the page file to 1024MB initial and 4096MB
maximum. It informs be that I need to reboot, I do. I recieve the same
error again, the file size on the C partion shows it to be 1024-4096, but at
the bottom it shows only 256MB temporary page file. How do I fix this.
From: Dave Patrick on
This article may help.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: torgrot on
I tried the suggestions made in that KB article, but still no go. It still
tells me: Your system has no paging file, or the paging fileis to small. I
made the changes in safe mode. There was already an administrators and
system group with full control. I unchecked the full control and rechecked
it and then apply for each group. I then changed the page file size on the C
drive to 4096 intial and 4096 maximum. The disk shows the page file size as
that, but the info at the bottom still only shows 256MB.

From: Dave Patrick on
What was the last thing that was changed before the error? Check Event
viewer for error details.

From: torgrot on
Everything was working fine. I went out of town for a week. I shut
everything down and disconnected it from the power and the network. When I
powered everything back up, this page file error started. First thing I did
was run chkdsk. It didn't find anything. Started looking all over for
anyone with a similiar problem, but didn't really find anything other than
the security settings for the C drive which you pointed out earlier. The
only errors/warnings are some network stuff IPSec, QoS and something called
PAMPR5. Nothing else. The funny thing is, it runs just fine other than the
pop up during the login most of the time.