From: Dave Patrick on
This article may help.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: torgrot on
I followed the instruction in that KB article and it completed as described,
but when I rebooted I still get the same message about a missing or to small
page file.

From: Dave Patrick on
From a command prompt;

echo %systemdrive%

then see if the drive letter matches
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
PagingFiles

Also Start|Run|diskmgmt.msc
and list the [volume], [status], and [free space] for all volumes listed.

From: Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User on
How much free space do you have left on your drive?.. enough to create a
pagefile?..

--
Mike Hall
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

From: torgrot on
echo %systemdrive% shows C:
which matches HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory
Management
PagingFiles C:\pagefile.sys 1024 4096

Under Disk Management I have a basic FAT with no volume name that is the
Dell Recovery Partition. Status is healthy(EISA Configuration) 39MB capacity
34MB free space. Next is Volume C: Basic NTFS Status is Healthy(System)
111.72GB 75.56GB free space. Finally there is a CD as Volume Email(E:)
status Healthy, Capacity 573MB 573MB free space. Drive D: is a SD flash card
reader, but there isn't a card in there. Drive F is a DVD reader but again
no media there. I defragmented the drive and there is more than ample free
space to create a 4GB page file.