From: Cyberlodge on
I too have a 2008 64b Server (in production) and the backup did work for a
number of days but then all of a sudden stopped, I have an external 1TB HP
USB Driver (in fact i have many of these and have tried formatting and re
adding them etc) with no luck - my server is already on SP2.

there is no way to get to advanced options as some posts suggest.

this server is NOT R2 - just 2k8 std
CAN ANYONE HELP... Major jedi points to anyone who solves this even
microsoft dont know, (judging by all the read me's on it) :-(

From: Russ (SBITS.Biz) [SBS-MVP] on
This post seems to be broken for me?
I'm missing the rest of the thread.)

Is your Server a SBS2008 Server?
If so what's the error logs show on why backups fail?

If this is not a SBS Server and a regular server you might try.
This Group for answers
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsbackup/threads

Russ

Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC
Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz
BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.BPOSMadeEasy.com
Easy Redirect to Microsoft's New SBS Public Forum - www.SBSRepair.com