From: Vlad_Inhaler on
I have been running the 32bit version of 11.3 on 3 machines for around
two weeks now and still have some problems left, most are probably
kde.

1. Moving running applications around on the screen
When I start an application it looks for the largest available space
on my screen and goes there. This behaviour is normal and welcome.
What is new is that when I try to move it somewhere else (top-left to
top-right for example) by dragging the bar at the top, it will
suddenly decide I want full-screen mode. Click the middle button on
the top right and it falls back to where it was at the start.
The workaround seems to be to move from top-left to nearly bottom-
right, or open another application first so that top-left is no longer
so attractive. What is going on here, if I want full-screen mode then
I click the /\ button. If I don't click that button then the odds are
that I don't want full-screen mode.

2. Sound. The Via VT1708/A [Azalia HDAC] no longer seems to be
supported.

3. Runlevel 3
- Sound works under Runlevel 5, it does not work if I go in under
Runlevel 3 and say startx.
- When leaving my startx session, one of the buttons available bottom-
left is the closedown/reboot one. It does not (and should not) work.
- I have had problems with clicking one button and getting the
behaviour associated with a nearby button, needs more investigation.

Does anyone else have these problems? Or some ideas on how to fix
them?
From: Pete Puma on
Vlad_Inhaler wrote:

> I have been running the 32bit version of 11.3 on 3
machines for around
> two weeks now and still have some problems left,
most are probably
> kde.
>
> 1. Moving running applications around on
the screen
> When I start an application it looks for the largest
available space
> on my screen and goes there. This behaviour is normal
and welcome.
> What is new is that when I try to move it somewhere else
(top-left to
> top-right for example) by dragging the bar at the top, it
will
> suddenly decide I want full-screen mode.

System settings > Window
Behavior > Screen Edges >
Box for Max windows... etc.
Click it off. Why
they made this a default is another KDE mystery these days.

Couldn't help
you with the others. Someone will.

From: Pete Puma on
Pete Puma wrote:

> System settings > Window
> Behavior > Screen Edges >

Box for Max windows... etc.
> Click it off. Why
> they made this a
default is another KDE mystery these days.

> Couldn't help
> you with
the others. Someone will.

Sorry for the previous garble. KNode is
whacking out here with the wraps.

From: mjt on
[snipped]

http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Hardware

--
Whether you can hear it or not, the Universe is laughing
behind your back - National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"