From: Nomen Nescio on

I have seen more connections to our online radio and TV
network coming from Verizon networks, and I have found out
why.

It turns out that newer models of the Droid have their own
built-in WiFi hotspot, so if their workplace is using WiFi
for their networks, one could simply change their workplace
PC over to use the hotspot in the Droid. All you have to do is
keep the Droid in their pocket, while its turned on, and
they can surf where they want to.

Since Verizon is carrying the traffic, and NOT the office
LAN, nothing will ever show up in the company network logs.

It looks like Verizon has effetively rendered all filtering
software useless. As long as you can get a cellular signal,
you can use your Droid's hotspot feature, and no record
will ever show up in the company logs.

Pages: 1
Prev: NAT router info please