From: Rick Altman on
Just curious if anyone has used the public beta version of 2010 for real
work. My copy seems rock solid, and faster than Version 2007. I'm tempted to
use it next week for a series of workshops...with the game on the line, as
it were.

Anyone with any stories to share...?

Rick Altman
The Presentation Summit
www.betterpresenting.com

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <#syIMwm4KHA.620(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Rick Altman wrote:
> Thanks, Echo.
>
> Anyone else with field experience in version 2010?

You know me. Mr. Conservative. ;-)

But if I had to choose, I think I'd take the beta of Office 2010 over any
release of 2007.

I would *not* install the 64-bit version though. Not unless your life's work
depends on humongous Excel workbooks.

No, I mean really humongous. REALLY REALLY >2gb humongous. Like "You need to
learn the difference between a spreadsheet and a database" humongous. ;-)

Seriously, you can expect a lot of add-ins and other such goodies to break in
the 64-bit version of Office. Outside of Excel, there's not much to be gained
by installing it, and a fair amount to be lost.

Installing the 32-bit version on 64-bit Windows should *not* be a problem btw.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/