From: piku on
I'm have 2 tabels.
The first table have list of rooms and the second table have list of orders
of customers(content RoomId feild and the fields incoming date and outgoing
date).
I created a query that show all the availables rooms(by Distinct sql
function) but i want to show all the unavailables rooms.

How can i create query that show all the unavilable rooms?

Full Thanks!!!
Pik
From: John Spencer on
Easiest way would be to use your table of rooms and the query that shows the
available rooms in an unmatched query. There is a query wizard that will do that.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: ghetto_banjo on

if you want to see what rooms are currently in use, you could do
something like this:

SELECT RoomID, IncomingDate, OutgoingDate FROM tblOrders WHERE
IncomingDate <= Date() AND OutgoingDate >= Date()

you could substitute whatever date you want if you replace the Date()
function to see what rooms are unavailable on a given date.
From: KARL DEWEY on
Most folks would want to know what was available and you did not say when so
this say which rooms are not available today. Create a table named
CountNumber with field CountNUM containing numbers from 0 (zero) through your
maximum spread.

SELECT CustomerOrders.RoomID
FROM CustomerOrders, CountNumber
WHERE (((DateAdd("d",[CountNUM],[Incomming]))<=[Outgoing]) AND
((DateAdd("d",[CountNUM],[Incomming]))=Date()));

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: piku on
Ooo, I'm sorry, I replased the queries...

The unavailable rooms query is:

SELECT DISTINCT Rooms.RoomID
FROM Rooms INNER JOIN (Documents INNER JOIN RoomsInDocument ON
Documents.DocumentNo = RoomsInDocument.DocumentNo) ON Rooms.RoomID =
RoomsInDocument.RoomId
WHERE (((Documents.IncomingDate) Between [Forms]![FOrders]![IncDate] And
[Forms]![FOrders]![OutDate])) OR (((Documents.OutgoingDate) Between
[Forms]![FOrders]![IncDate] And [Forms]![FOrders]![OutDate]));

How can I change the query that return list of available rooms?

I tried to do this query but the sheet stay empty.
The query is:

SELECT Rooms.RoomID
FROM Rooms INNER JOIN (RoomsInDocument INNER JOIN Documents ON
RoomsInDocument.DocumentNo=Documents.DocumentNo) ON
Rooms.RoomID=RoomsInDocument.RoomId
WHERE (((Documents!IncomingDate Not Between Forms!FOrders!IncDate And
Forms!FOrders!OutDate)) And ((Documents!OutgoingDate Not Between
Forms!FOrders!IncDate And Forms!FOrders!OutDate)));

What i need to change?

Thanks!!!