From: Biggles on
Recently started having problems with views changing of their own accord.
Seems to be mostly Deleted Items folder in Outlook and Sent Items in Hotmail
but also has happened with Outlook Inbox.

Sometimes I see just size of message and date. Other folders keep switching
to greyed italics. Have tried View/Define Views/Reset/Apply View etc. and
while I can correct the views each time, when I close Outlook and reopen it,
the views have changed again.

How do I maintain "standard" settings?

I should point out that my knowledge of Outlook is pretty basic and I am not
familiar with settings issues and am merely experimenting at present and it's
driving me nuts!!