From: raven1322 on

>"maxascent" <maxascent(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Yes I understand what it is but I want some method to use HDMI with a
>> Virtex 5.
>>

>You could use VHDL or Verilog, or if you know what you are doing schematic

>capture.

hi! were you able to discover a solution about the problem? i also need to
know how to convert between LVDS and TMDS, for an HDMI interface.

From: Chris Maryan on
On Aug 30, 2:15 pm, "maxascent" <maxasc...(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I would like to implement a HDMI transmitter with a Virtex 5. Does anyone
> know if there is a chip that converts LVDS to TMDS?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon

Do you really want to mess with HDMI directly inside the V5? Analog
and TI (and possibly others) have a bunch of chips that decode HDMI
and DVI straight into parallel RGB or YCrCb. See for example here:
http://www.analog.com/en/audiovideo-products/analoghdmidvi-interfaces/products/index.html#

Chris