From: Karl E. Peterson on
I just noticed today that the copy of FrontPage 2003 I installed in an
XP Mode VM is restricted to the primary monitor (#1) on a dual-monitor
system. If I try dragging it over to the secondary (#2) monitor, it
just disappears off the edge never appearing at all on #2, and the drag
is stopped when the cursor hits the edge of #1. Using a utility like
UltraMon makes no difference at all, as it doesn't even see the virtual
application.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks... Karl

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Karl E. Peterson was thinking very hard :
> I just noticed today that the copy of FrontPage 2003 I installed in an XP
> Mode VM is restricted to the primary monitor (#1) on a dual-monitor system.
> If I try dragging it over to the secondary (#2) monitor, it just disappears
> off the edge never appearing at all on #2, and the drag is stopped when the
> cursor hits the edge of #1. Using a utility like UltraMon makes no
> difference at all, as it doesn't even see the virtual application.
>
> Any thoughts or ideas?

Classic. Post, then immediately "discover" the answer.

I had the monitors configured like this:

#2 #1

Turns out, they needed to be like this:

#1 #2

Dumb! But, whatever. Can anyone fathom a reason why the brilliant
folks at MSFT apparently can't cope with negative screen coordinates?

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]

From: David Wilkinson on
Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> Dumb! But, whatever. Can anyone fathom a reason why the brilliant
> folks at MSFT apparently can't cope with negative screen coordinates?

Dunno. But VMWare Workstation is the same -- the primary monitor must be on the
left.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP