From: Henrik Johansson Henrik on
Hi,

I recently upgraded my Vista to Win 7. During that process I had to
uninstall Virtual Server which from what I understand is not supported on Win
7(?), so I decided to try Virtual PC, which I installed according to
instructions on http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx.

When I wanted to create a virtual machine, I could not find the button in
the Virtual Machines explorer window.

I read in some forum that I should have turned on BIOS support for
virtualization before I made the installation. Too late for that, but I
turned it on afterwards instead.

Now for the question:
Is there any way to get the Virtual PC Explorer shell integration to work?

Thanks in advance!
From: Steve Jain on
"Henrik Johansson" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded my Vista to Win 7. During that process I had to
> uninstall Virtual Server which from what I understand is not supported on Win
> 7(?), so I decided to try Virtual PC, which I installed according to
> instructions on http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx.
>
> When I wanted to create a virtual machine, I could not find the button in
> the Virtual Machines explorer window.
>
> I read in some forum that I should have turned on BIOS support for
> virtualization before I made the installation. Too late for that, but I
> turned it on afterwards instead.
>
> Now for the question:
> Is there any way to get the Virtual PC Explorer shell integration to work?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Check this:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprovirt/thread/e409644c-3d66-4b06-a468-6849865c1fa7

From: Henrik Johansson on