From: j_donald_c on

"Rick" wrote:

> I installed Virtual PC 2007.
> When I run it for the first time it gives me this Warning about it not being
> able to open Virtual Machine Network Services driver (see complete msg
> bellow).
> However when I look at my Local Area Connection Properties I see it there
> and all looks good. I removed it, uninstalled VPC, reinstalled it and this
> problem persists
>

> Virtual PC could not open the Virtual Machine Network Services driver.
>
> Access to the external network and host will be unavailable to all virtual
> machines using virtual networking. Virtual machines using virtual networking
> will still be able to access other virtual machines using virtual networking.
>
> To fix this problem, re-enable the Virtual Machine Network Services driver
> on one or more ethernet adapters or reinstall Virtual PC.

Rick,

Thanks for the response. However, I have tried many times to reinstall
Virtual PC 2007. This has NOT fixed the problem. Likewise, I have tried to
manaully install the service though the network control panel. I get the
following when I try to do that:

Virtual PC failed to bind Virtual Machine Network Services driver to all the
network adapters.

To fix this problem, reinstall Virtual PC.

Note: I added these comments to my original post; however, they were not
included.
From: Colin Barnhorst on
http://blogs.msdn.com/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2007/01/15/fixing-broken-virtual-networking.aspx