From: j_donald_c on
When I install Virtual PC, XP as the host OS, the Virtual Machine Network
Service is NOT installed. I know this becuase when I start Virtual PC 2007 I
get the following:

Virtual PC could not open the Virtual Machine Network Services driver.
Access to the external network and host will be unavailable to all virtual
machines using virtual networking. Virtual machines using....

I then select "Yes" to proceed. I then get the following dialog box:

Virtual PC failed to bind Virtual Machine Network Services driver to all the
network adapters.
To fix this problem, reinstall Virtual PC.

I then select "OK" to continue.

I have tried repeatedly to reinstall VIrtual PC 2007. The problem persists.

I also tried to manually add the service to my NIC. When I try to do this I
get the following error dialog box:

Could not add the requested component. The error is: Access is denied.

When I look in the event log I do NOT see anything that is a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.