From: Seaspray on
Here's my Q: Will Virtual PC 2007 really allow you to boot a guest OS with a
PXE boot (boot to network)?

Now to your question...

It takes more than just a DHCP service to manage a PXE boot. Since you have
DHCP, I assume you are running a windows server. If 2K server or 2003 SP1,
install Remote Installation Service (RIS). If 2003 SP2 or higher, install
Windows Deployment Services (WDS). Both are capable services for handling
PXE boot. Note: WDS asks you to provide the boot.wim from a Vista disk. If
not available, download and install Windows Automatic Installation Kit
(WAIK). Use the Windows PE .wim files from there. I advise installing WAIK
anyway as the tools allow you to inject drivers into .wim images. With RIS
or WDS configured, a client computer will PXE boot.