From: Anonymous on
In article <ueltv5pt03na1t39fi6pn1gfno1n6halkf(a)4ax.com>
Doug R <scootersite(a)NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

>As I mentioned, I am not computer literate so I probably
>didn't do things correctly. I was infected about 3-4
>months ago with an unknown virus that screwed things up
>good. After running numerous anti virus programs I finally
>got my PC back to normal. I didn't save or log anything (I
>will in the future) as my PC was running fine. I do update
>the anti virus files on a regular basis so yes, they are
>current. When I posted to this group (as well as others)
>earlier this week I had just noticed that I couldn't
>access Restore or Security Center. I was searching the
>newsgroups and internet looking for a fix when I found an
>article telling me what to look for in the registry. I
>followed those instructions and deleted the line that was
>making Restore inaccessable. Next time I will do more
>homework before I try anything and I will cross post, not
>multi post which really seemed to annoy some people. After
>reading through some suggestions from this group I
>uploaded some questionable files to 2 sites that were
>recommended here. They both came back with 10-25% hits for
>being infected. For the heck of it I archived a 13 MB file
>with a bunch of stuff that I knew was clean and uploaded
>to those same 2 sites. This absolutely clean file came
>back witth 20-30% hits for being infected. The one thing
>I've learned from this (besides NO cross posting) is that
>there is evidently no way to determine what is clean and
>what is not! And, I do appreciate your attempts to help
>me.
>
> http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/9e252a1178ab190f8df6b628671920b2f1ca65d80e6da46c7865eaf05778047e-1274990659
>
> http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/115cc0f6502183072d1a9ea2737b7e3313b2bb67

You can thank virus writing/passing swine like Raid/Dustin
Cook for all your troubles.

From: ~BD~ on

"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
| "~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
|
| [...]
|
| > What if MBAM itself was dropping a malware item after cleaning a
| > machine?
| >
| > Who would ever know?
|
| *Someone* would soon discover it - we covered this possibility already
| in a previous discussion.
|
| [...]

Perhaps you are right ........... perhaps not! ;-)

I'd really like to know just *who* in the anti-malware community has
actually carried out such a check and where a 'clean bill of health' has
been posted for inspection. Has such an independent check been carried
out?

Maybe Malwarebytes itself should commission an independent check by a
reputable organisation (how about Sophos?) and have the results posted
on the 'net to which anyone might refer if concerned about the
organisation's integrity.

From: Dustin Cook on
"~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in news:htot5d$hpj$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>| "~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| > What if MBAM itself was dropping a malware item after cleaning a
>| > machine?
>| >
>| > Who would ever know?
>|
>| *Someone* would soon discover it - we covered this possibility already
>| in a previous discussion.
>|
>| [...]
>
> Perhaps you are right ........... perhaps not! ;-)
>
> I'd really like to know just *who* in the anti-malware community has
> actually carried out such a check and where a 'clean bill of health'

BD, you seem to be the only person voicing that he may not trust the
program. In that event, perhaps you yourself should pay to have an
independent lab do the work you so desperatly want done. On your dime, as
I see no reason for malwarebytes to spend unneccessary funds to prove
what everyone else already knows; it's a safe and reliable program.

--
Are you a former BBSer? Want to go back in time to the old days of
ANSI and Renegade? Fire up telnet and go here then: ttb.slyip.com

From: Nomen Nescio on

"~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:htot5d$hpj$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...

> Maybe Malwarebytes itself should commission an independent check by a
> reputable organisation (how about Sophos?) and have the results posted
> on the 'net to which anyone might refer if concerned about the
> organisation's integrity.

You get away with saying whatever you like about Dustin Cook because
he doesn't have the financial resources to pursue UK High Court action,
but if your solicitor doesn't warn you that you're walking on dangerous
ground when you post defamatory innuendos against corporations with
big bank balances then you need to find a better solicitor.

Here's some serious free professional legal advice David: "Keep your
garrulous trap shut before one of the anti-malware vendors you libel
takes away everything you own."

From: Dustin Cook on
jascoq(a)wahyalla.com wrote in

> This has to be one of Dustin Cook's friends who thinks threats always
> shut people up.

I don't have a clue who any of the person(s) posting behind the remailers
are. Not everyone who posts is or isn't a friend. They're simply posting
the opinions you and your anonymous remailing friend invited with the flood
posts. Not exactly my fault if everyone doesn't buy the BS your trying to
peddle.