From: Doug R on
Hello All,
Some months back I was infected by some virus but running Malwarebytes
and other anti virus programs cleaned it up......or so I thought. I
just realized that it disabled System Restore and Windows Security
Service Center. When I try to turn on Security Center I get an error
message saying it can't be started and when I go to system restore I
get a "System Restore has been turned off by system admin". I can't
use System Restore at all now. I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and
System Restore is a tool that I need. Does anyone have any ideas how I
can get these features working again.
Thank you.
From: Peter Foldes on
Doug

How many groups and servers did you multipost this.( My count is 4 so far) Instead
of multiposting do crossposting. See the link below as to why

Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Doug R on
Sorry about the multi post but I wasn't sure which group was more
appropriate. I'll be more careful in the future.
You took the time to scold me for that so surely you must be able to
offer some help, yes?

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Doug R" <scootersite(a)NOSPAMhotmail.com>

| Sorry about the multi post but I wasn't sure which group was more
| appropriate. I'll be more careful in the future.
| You took the time to scold me for that so surely you must be able to
| offer some help, yes?

I did but because you Multi-Posted the query instead of Cross-Posting it, it is in the
OTHER group.

If it had been Cross-Posted ALL the groups would benefit from the discussion.

--
Dave

From: Doug R on

Apologies again, I'm not very computer literate. What is the
difference between crossposting and multiposting?