From: Carlos on
http://www.frameworkx.com/Frameworkx/solution.aspx?id=632
"Windows Vista Shortcut Overlay Remover, aka FxVisor, allows you to either
way to remove the shortcut overlay arrow or to even customize it in Windows
Vista"
"Version 2.0:
Former Vista Shortcut Overlay Remover now called Vista Shortcut Manager has
added many new welcome features like: Custom overlay icons, Enable/Disable
"-shortcut" extension, full support for x64 platforms, and direct upgrade
from version 1.3."
Direct download link for the x64 version:
http://www.frameworkx.com/Frameworkx/download.aspx?id=315
Carlos

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
I'm having a hard time understanding what this is good for? Of course, I
hardly ever use shortcuts any more, now that I have real symlinks.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

From: Carlos on
Charlie,
For one thing, I really hate the jumbo-sized shortcut arrows of Vista.
TweakUI powertoy doesn't exist so, this little freeware app gives me what I
need: a small shortcut arrow.
I like to keep my desktop with as many shortcuts as possible, but as time
passes it becomes populated with them.
:)
Carlos

From: Carlos on
What is a "symlink"?
Carlos

From: XS11E on
Carlos <Carlos(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> What is a "symlink"?
> Carlos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link

The Usenet Improvement Project: