From: Carlos on
Bass redirection is that beautiful feature that allows you send all the rich
sounding lower frequencies to that ".1" speaker making those bass sounds deep
and giving music you know, that "punch".
From the very start with their Vista drivers, CreativeLabs crippled their
control panels in the sense that the "bass redirection" option was no longer
available.
Lower frequencies were sent to the other tiny 5 speakers tending to give a
"flat" sound.
I've been searching for a solution for many months.
The workaround, not the subject of this post, I had until today was mapping
the speakers in Media Player Classic.
Today I found this CreativeLabs application in their Vista forums that did
the trick
http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=Vista&message.id=25849
for the lower priced SB 24bit, Audigy SE, Audigy LE and probably others (try
it at your own risk).
It worked for me.
Windows Media Player can now play the mp3's with full bass sound!
Enjoy.
Carlos