From: markjones71 on
Hi, I cant download any new updates from Microsoft. Every time I try to check
for updates I get the following error code: Code 80070005.

Since this problem occurred I have been unable to search for new updates and
also, some of my programs fail to launch when activated. I am on Vista Home
Premium with SP2 & I have 3GB of RAM. I use Norton Anti Virus with its
Firewall but I have Windows Firewall turned off.

Can anybody please help me solve this problem? I'm not very technical so a
simple step to fix would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance..
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello Mark,

Temporarily disable Norton, and try again to install the updates
But before you disable Norton

It would be a good idea to scan.

I recommend downloading and installing
MalwareBytes' Antimalware (MBAM) and
SUPERAntiSpywaяe (SAS).

Do a full scan with MalwaяeBytes' and
SUPERAntiSpywaяe.

<http://www.superantispyware.com/>

Reboot
-=-

<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>

Reboot
-=-

Both free versions of MBAM and SAS are on-demand scanners and offer no
'real-time' protection. Keep them installed and use them as
'second-opinion' scanner which is purposely (by design) recommended by
their respective authoяs.
-=-

Which is the update(s) failing to install?
-=-

I'm suяe someone else will help you if this suggestion doesn't help.

Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains
-=-

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

From: yyyuuu on

From: Michael on
yyyuuu forgot something...

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"yyyuuu" <yyyuuu(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "markjones71" wrote:
>
>> Hi, I cant download any new updates from Microsoft. Every time I try to
>> check
>> for updates I get the following error code: Code 80070005.
>>
>> Since this problem occurred I have been unable to search for new updates
>> and
>> also, some of my programs fail to launch when activated. I am on Vista
>> Premium with SP2 & I have 3GB of RAM. I use Norton Anti Virus with its
>> Firewall but I have Windows Firewall turned off.
>>
>> Can anybody please help me solve this problem? I'm not very technical so
>> simple step to fix would really be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks in advance..

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: flash player problems