From: Dave on

I bought a Notebook two days ago with Vista installed.
This is in fact the first time I work with Vista as I usually
(always) have XP installed. For some or another reason
Vista can not display jpg's or png images. Does somebody
have a solution?
From: Kabuki on

"Dave" <dave(a)durbs.koza> wrote in message

> I bought a Notebook two days ago with Vista installed.
> This is in fact the first time I work with Vista as I usually
> (always) have XP installed. For some or another reason
> Vista can not display jpg's or png images. Does somebody
> have a solution?

most likely they do
I put "Vista no thumbnails jpg" into GOOGLE search and about 10 pages came
up on same topic

From: Dave on
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:45:34 -0400, "Kabuki" <masqued(a)ball.net> wrote:

>"Dave" <dave(a)durbs.koza> wrote in message
>>
>> I bought a Notebook two days ago with Vista installed.
>> This is in fact the first time I work with Vista as I usually
>> (always) have XP installed. For some or another reason
>> Vista can not display jpg's or png images. Does somebody
>> have a solution?
>
>most likely they do
>I put "Vista no thumbnails jpg" into GOOGLE search and about 10 pages came
>up on same topic

Thanks for the reply, Kabuki. I did the same before asking the
question here and did not get a real answer there, only speculations.
Most repliers suggest a specific viewer to be installed which should
not be needed because why is not necessary in XP?
Without exception I make use of the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
(unless working on a picture of course) when using XP. I am still
using XP on my desktops and should maybe
simply throw Vista off and replace it with XP on the Notebook.
BTW, this (I guess) would only be a flaw to one specific version of
Vista. Thanks again for your reply and your search on Google. (the
problem does not happen to be only thumbnail view but complete JPG)

From: Dave on
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:45:34 -0400, "Kabuki" <masqued(a)ball.net> wrote:

Problem is non-existent, Kabuki.
I am using a grabber program by the name 'Snagit'
and it is only jpg's been made with Snagit that Vista
does not show. My camera photos are normally viewable.
Wonder what is the difference? There are obvious a difference
between the jpgs & jpgs.
From: Kabuki on

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:45:34 -0400, "Kabuki" <masqued(a)ball.net> wrote:
>

> Problem is non-existent, Kabuki.
> I am using a grabber program by the name 'Snagit'
> and it is only jpg's been made with Snagit that Vista
> does not show. My camera photos are normally viewable.
> Wonder what is the difference? There are obvious a difference
> between the jpgs & jpgs.

---there is a jpg called jpg2000? and yes it's different format
----are you sure the snagit's are jpg? most screenshot grabs are bmp
----is there a way to check your file associations in VISTA?
---in Xp you right click and say open with... check box to say use this
every time
assoc with win/pic/fax viewer?

---I used to have a thumbnail program freebie called THUMBS PLUS
---do you have IRfan view or GIMP installed?

---------have you tried opening same images in PS or other program? does it
work?