From: Bob Valentine on
Today is the first time I noticed it, but when I open and try to run
Power2Go (burning software) I get an error message and the program closes.
The error message says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Power2Go\Power2Go.exe
abnormal program termination

I have already tried uninstalling Power2Go and then reinstalling it, but the
error still persists (the program displays the above message and then
closes). I called Cyberlink and even paid for telephone support, but the
person in India was no help at all. He just read off of a script and told me
to basically do what I had already tried (uninstall and re-install the
program). I have been researching the internet, but I haven't been able to
find a solution. There are a lot of posts for similar errors, but with
different programs, and no real solutions. It seems like the Visual C++
Runtime Library must be corrupted somehow and there should be an easy way to
fix it. If anyone else has had this problem and solved it, please let me
know. I am running Windows 7 the 64 bit version. The program that I am
having a problem with is Power2Go from CyberLink.

Thanks,
BobV

From: Carlos on
Bob,
Visual C++ 2008 runtime standalone installers:
x64
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e&DisplayLang=en
x86
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
Both can coexist simultaneously.
Those pages also contain links to VC++ 2005 redistributables also.
Carlos

From: Kue2 on
Hi Bob
I'm Running Power2Go version 5.50.2322 in Windows 7 pro 64 with no problems.
Did Power2GO work, or is this the first time you tried it?
Did you install it as "administrator"?
Did it report any errors when you installed it?

From: Bob on
Yes, I installed it as an administrator. I have not been able to resolve the problem. I also have Nero (burning software) and it doesn't have this problem. This is most frustrating. CyberLink is no help, even when you pay for their support. You talk to someone in India who just has you do everything that you have already done. This must be a problem that other are having. I can't believe that I am the only one. Anyone have this problem and then find a resolution?

Thanks,
Bob

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/Visual-C++-Runtime-Error
From: Bob on
I just downloaded the demo version of Power2Go (version 6) and installed it and it runs without a problem! So I went and bought another copy of the program and installed it and I got the same error (abnormal program termination). So I went back and installed the demo again and it works without giving me the error. Go figure! Luckily, the password I got when I purchased the full version worked to unlock the demo and now it works. It is yet to be seen how long it will work.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/Visual-C++-Runtime-Error