From: Gerry Peters on
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 18:57:11 GMT, Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:

>In news:1t90o5d47sqc8nnk8enc82fcgf5e21kq0v(a)4ax.com the killer robot
>Gerry Peters <GerryPeters(a)nospam.com> grabbed the controls of the
>spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>>and finally there is the DXi2 version, and it's fully functional,
>>>doesn't crash, and is the one I have in my "favorites" folder of
>>>Reaper.
>>
>> That one is listed but crashes like the Dxi version you have.
>> It crashes on opening the synth property page before I even load any
>> big sample set. Did you buy the upgrade to full version that includes
>> the standalone? It's about $79
>>
>> I don't see a way to uninstall Vsampler, so I'm may just have to
>> revert to an older image file and start all over. I think I'll not
>> bother with the Sonar 3 CD and just install the latest version
>> download from Vsampler and use the Old Sonar registration.
>
>I have the same OEM as you with all the updates from MAZ.

quite strange. I just reverted to an image file from a few weeks back
and reinstalled
Vsampler, this time from the latest website download. The VSTi did not
show up, until i rescanned the VSTs. I'm currently
trying it in the 30 day demo mode.

I tried the VSTi and it won't crash, yet the DXi still crashes. If I
open the VSTi first, then it's hard to get the DXi to crash. The DXi
still loses focus, I don't get any sound out of it until I switch to a
different program window like Windows Explorer, yet the VSTi doesn't
have this problem. Have you even experience this focus problem?

If I can't get eth DXi to behave, I may just fork over the $79 for the
VSTi after the demo period is over.
Gerry Peters
From: kitekrazy on
On 2/20/2010 6:55 PM, Gerry Peters wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 18:57:11 GMT, Glennbo
> <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
>
>> In news:1t90o5d47sqc8nnk8enc82fcgf5e21kq0v(a)4ax.com the killer robot
>> Gerry Peters<GerryPeters(a)nospam.com> grabbed the controls of the
>> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> That one is listed but crashes like the Dxi version you have.
>>> It crashes on opening the synth property page before I even load any
>>> big sample set. Did you buy the upgrade to full version that includes
>>> the standalone? It's about $79
>>>
>>> I don't see a way to uninstall Vsampler, so I'm may just have to
>>> revert to an older image file and start all over. I think I'll not
>>> bother with the Sonar 3 CD and just install the latest version
>>> download from Vsampler and use the Old Sonar registration.
>>
>> I have the same OEM as you with all the updates from MAZ.
>
> quite strange. I just reverted to an image file from a few weeks back
> and reinstalled
> Vsampler, this time from the latest website download. The VSTi did not
> show up, until i rescanned the VSTs. I'm currently
> trying it in the 30 day demo mode.
>
> I tried the VSTi and it won't crash, yet the DXi still crashes. If I
> open the VSTi first, then it's hard to get the DXi to crash. The DXi
> still loses focus, I don't get any sound out of it until I switch to a
> different program window like Windows Explorer, yet the VSTi doesn't
> have this problem. Have you even experience this focus problem?
>
> If I can't get eth DXi to behave, I may just fork over the $79 for the
> VSTi after the demo period is over.

Windows7x64:The DXi version of VSampler doesn't show up in Sonar but I
see it in FL and it crashes. So if you upgrade to W7x64, assume many
DXis will be unstable.

I don't know what your primary use would be for VSampler, but I only
use it for soundfonts and old akai sounds for playback. My major use of
VSampler is to make quick instruments out of wavs from sample CDs.

I don't know what's goping on with the development but I noticed Maz
cleaned up his site and removed the forums. This is one of the most
under rated samplers out there. It's the only one I know that will find
loops points for you on a wav.

If you are using it for gigs, giga 3 sounds don't work despite it's
claims. You can try Linux Sampler.

From: Gerry Peters on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 10:03:06 -0600, kitekrazy
<kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> wrote:

>On 2/20/2010 6:55 PM, Gerry Peters wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 18:57:11 GMT, Glennbo
>> <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> In news:1t90o5d47sqc8nnk8enc82fcgf5e21kq0v(a)4ax.com the killer robot
>>> Gerry Peters<GerryPeters(a)nospam.com> grabbed the controls of the
>>> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> I have the same OEM as you with all the updates from MAZ.
>>
>> quite strange. I just reverted to an image file from a few weeks back
>> and reinstalled
>> Vsampler, this time from the latest website download. The VSTi did not
>> show up, until i rescanned the VSTs. I'm currently
>> trying it in the 30 day demo mode.
>>
>> I tried the VSTi and it won't crash, yet the DXi still crashes. If I
>> open the VSTi first, then it's hard to get the DXi to crash. The DXi
>> still loses focus, I don't get any sound out of it until I switch to a
>> different program window like Windows Explorer, yet the VSTi doesn't
>> have this problem. Have you even experience this focus problem?
>>
>> If I can't get eth DXi to behave, I may just fork over the $79 for the
>> VSTi after the demo period is over.
>

> Windows7x64:The DXi version of VSampler doesn't show up in Sonar but I
>see it in FL and it crashes. So if you upgrade to W7x64, assume many
>DXis will be unstable.
>
> I don't know what your primary use would be for VSampler, but I only
>use it for soundfonts and old akai sounds for playback. My major use of
>VSampler is to make quick instruments out of wavs from sample CDs.

I've tried 2 Akai Cd's so far and they didn't show up in the CD drive
for Vsampler. These are in the standard S1000 format. Is there a trick
to getting it to see an Akai formatted CD. My PC sees it as a blank
CD.

> I don't know what's goping on with the development but I noticed Maz
>cleaned up his site and removed the forums. This is one of the most
>under rated samplers out there. It's the only one I know that will find
>loops points for you on a wav.

do you have to upgrade to the paid version for those sampling
features? I haven't dug that deeply into it

> If you are using it for gigs, giga 3 sounds don't work despite it's
>claims.

I've converted about 10 .gig sounds and every single one was flawless.
I'm not sure about giga 3, I don't have that many of those. I like the
fact that I can now freeze giga sounds that I converted to Vsampler,
so I can deal with audio only during the mixdown instead of using my
Giga 3 computer and converting the midi to audio. I have the latest
GVI and haven't had any luck at all getting it to work right. It's
prone to errors and glitches.

What problems did you have with giga sounds in Vsampler?
--
Gerry Peters
From: Gerry Peters on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:31:47 GMT, Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:

>In news:cju0o5dbkhfckkt1l5ibsqcva3k52lotge(a)4ax.com the killer robot Gerry
>Peters <GerryPeters(a)nospam.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
>cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>>I have the same OEM as you with all the updates from MAZ.
>>
>> quite strange. I just reverted to an image file from a few weeks back
>> and reinstalled
>> Vsampler, this time from the latest website download. The VSTi did not
>> show up, until i rescanned the VSTs. I'm currently
>> trying it in the 30 day demo mode.
>>
>> I tried the VSTi and it won't crash, yet the DXi still crashes. If I
>> open the VSTi first, then it's hard to get the DXi to crash. The DXi
>> still loses focus, I don't get any sound out of it until I switch to a
>> different program window like Windows Explorer, yet the VSTi doesn't
>> have this problem. Have you even experience this focus problem?
>>
>> If I can't get eth DXi to behave, I may just fork over the $79 for the
>> VSTi after the demo period is over.
>
>For jollies, I started a new song last night and used Vsampler with a
>fairly large (200 meg) Giga based piano. I opened and closed the interface
>multiple times without any problems. Bear in mind, I am using Reaper, so
>there is no synth rack, only true instrument tracks.

thanks for the test. That's encouraging.
--
Gerry Peters
From: kitekrazy on
On 2/21/2010 10:36 AM, Gerry Peters wrote:

> I've tried 2 Akai Cd's so far and they didn't show up in the CD drive
> for Vsampler. These are in the standard S1000 format. Is there a trick
> to getting it to see an Akai formatted CD. My PC sees it as a blank
> CD.

There might be a utility out there for that.

>> I don't know what's goping on with the development but I noticed Maz
>> cleaned up his site and removed the forums. This is one of the most
>> under rated samplers out there. It's the only one I know that will find
>> loops points for you on a wav.
>
> do you have to upgrade to the paid version for those sampling
> features? I haven't dug that deeply into it

I don't know. I had the full version of VSampler before Sonar 3.

>> If you are using it for gigs, giga 3 sounds don't work despite it's
>> claims.
>
> I've converted about 10 .gig sounds and every single one was flawless.
> I'm not sure about giga 3, I don't have that many of those. I like the
> fact that I can now freeze giga sounds that I converted to Vsampler,
> so I can deal with audio only during the mixdown instead of using my
> Giga 3 computer and converting the midi to audio. I have the latest
> GVI and haven't had any luck at all getting it to work right. It's
> prone to errors and glitches.
>
> What problems did you have with giga sounds in Vsampler?

Giga 2.5 sounds work, it's iffy with giga 3.