From: mad on
Hi,

Problem:
I can't get the W3SVC online, it would not start.

Event id: 7003
World Wide Web Publishing-service depend on a non exsistent
HTTPFilter-service.

When I look at ISS, all the websites are stopped. Can not start them again.

Plz help!!!!!!
From: DEV on

Hi..

Do you use Etrust antivirus ??Did you make any update to that ?? Let
me know if you did..I will provide you with the solution.

Regards ,

DEV
Microsoft EPS

From: Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] on
Are you using CA antivirus?

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MWP]
============================

From: mad on
Hi,

Yes too both ractions i have too say yes, 7.1 ca etrust

From: DEV on

Hi ,

The E-Trust Anti-virus considered the lsass.exe as a potential virus
and trimmed
the file on the server.
It also removes the registry setting for HTTPFilter,
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTPFilter"

SOLUTION:
==========
- log on to safe mode.

- Copy the lsass.exe file from a working Windows 2003 Server to the
affecting
machine. This will solve "lsass.exe failed with system code
00000000" error.

- Export the
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTPFilter"
from
a working machine to the affected machine and reboot the server. Then
you should be
able to start the World Wide Web Publishing Service.

- Double click on the saved .reg file. This will create the HTTPFilter
key in the registry. Reboot the server.

Regards ,

DEV
Microsoft EPS