From: Hari on
Hi,

What does the "WARNING: End of file" mean?

I have encoutered this for some of my other codes as well

13 Proc SQL;
14 Create table MyProj.FinalFile as
15 Select *
16 from ProjRaw.InputFile
17 where ID in (select ID
18 from ProjTmp.SingleIDButDiffHHLDID)
19 order by ID, HHLDID;
WARNING: End of file.
NOTE: Compressing data set MyProj.FinalFile decreased size by 51.11
percent.
Compressed is 835 pages; un-compressed would require 1708 pages.
NOTE: Table MyProj.FinalFile created, with 116063 rows and 15 columns.

20 Quit;

From: "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" on
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 03:15:17 -0700, Hari <excel_hari(a)YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What does the "WARNING: End of file" mean?
>
>I have encoutered this for some of my other codes as well
>
>13 Proc SQL;
>14 Create table MyProj.FinalFile as
>15 Select *
>16 from ProjRaw.InputFile
>17 where ID in (select ID
>18 from ProjTmp.SingleIDButDiffHHLDID)
>19 order by ID, HHLDID;
>WARNING: End of file.
>NOTE: Compressing data set MyProj.FinalFile decreased size by 51.11
>percent.
> Compressed is 835 pages; un-compressed would require 1708 pages.
>NOTE: Table MyProj.FinalFile created, with 116063 rows and 15 columns.
>
>20 Quit;

I've never seen that. Go to support.sas.com and plug "WARNING: End of file."
into the Search field.
From: Hari on
On Aug 25, 4:53 pm, nos...(a)HOWLES.COM ("Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug
DOT org>") wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 03:15:17 -0700, Hari <excel_h...(a)YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> >Hi,
>
> >What does the "WARNING: End of file" mean?
>
> >I have encoutered this for some of my other codes as well
>
> >13 Proc SQL;
> >14 Create table MyProj.FinalFile as
> >15 Select *
> >16 from ProjRaw.InputFile
> >17 where ID in (select ID
> >18 from ProjTmp.SingleIDButDiffHHLDID)
> >19 order by ID, HHLDID;
> >WARNING: End of file.
> >NOTE: Compressing data set MyProj.FinalFile decreased size by 51.11
> >percent.
> > Compressed is 835 pages; un-compressed would require 1708 pages.
> >NOTE: Table MyProj.FinalFile created, with 116063 rows and 15 columns.
>
> >20 Quit;
>
> I've never seen that. Go to support.sas.com and plug "WARNING: End of file."
> into the Search field.- Hide quoted text -

Howard,

Before posting I had tried within SAS help but couldnt find this
error.

As per your suggestion, in support site, it does list this error but
only for FSEDIT related scenarios (or while inserting a row in
Oracle). All my libraries for the above case pertain to HP-UNIX server
aand Im using only base programming module (so no SAS/AF etc).

Let me contact the support folks as I have seen this for some of my
other SQL codes as well.

hp