From: Unknown on
Probably DCOM. We already know disabling that will allow hibernation.
Something is interfaciing
with DCOM and shouldn't.

From: William B. Lurie on
Yes, and proceeding in batches of 10 is too many, and
adding one at a time will take a *long* time but I am
willing to go that route. However, John John has me
starting with a system which is fully operational and
is looking at what-all is in there. His is an analytical
approach based on an understanding of all the parameters,
far beyond mine. My approach up to now has been to start
with a minimal system, then to add services one at a time,
and letting more knowledgeable people tell me which
services that *do* interfere I can do without.

As we've said before, in a way it's a tempest in a teapot....
or much ado about nothing....because we can all live with it
hibernating at 1 hour and failing at 2 hour setting. But the
scientist wants to know *why*.

From: Unknown on
I would like to know why also. Very curious. I'm sure John John will nail
it.