From: BanananaShip on
hi there, is there anyway for me to change the WM5 interface of my Dopod
from Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese?

Thanks a lot!!

From: chaz on
Lay an eggroll on it overnight............

From: Shane on
There are a few options, get it re-flashed at Dopod.(this is the best way.)

You can try http://www.mobem.com/products/CE-Star.php a third party app to
help, Monster Chinese. Go to www.handango.com them out.

Rgds,
Shane
www.ppcsg.com

From: xTenn on

>"chaz" <chaznsc(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "BanananaShip" <BanananaShip(a)Space.com> wrote in message
>> hi there, is there anyway for me to change the WM5 interface of my Dopod
>> from Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese?
>>
>> Thanks a lot!!

> Lay an eggroll on it overnight............

Now that was not exactly helpful...
After all, they were asking how to go to simplified Chinese, and every knows
that a wonton is much simpler than an eggroll....

(Note: This is only humour. No harm intended. If you are offended please

From: Shane on
Try this,

This member is able to view Simplified Chinese characters.

Locate segoe.ttf & segoeb.ttf from your \Windows directory of WM5.0,
copy the 2 files to \Windows\Fonts directory of the WM5.0

Locate simsun.ttc from your WinXP Windows\Fonts directory,
copy the file to \Windows\Fonts directory of the WM5.0

Edit your WM5.0 registry with the following

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\FontPath]
"FontPath"="\\windows\\Fonts"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SystemLink]
"Segoe Condensed"="\\windows\\Fonts\\simsun.ttc,NSimSun"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI]
"FontLinkMethods"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\SYSFNT]
"Nm"="NSimSun"

http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=52942&st=90

Hope this helped.

Rgds,
Shane
www.ppcsg.com

"BanananaShip" <BanananaShip(a)Space.com> wrote in message
> hi there, is there anyway for me to change the WM5 interface of my Dopod
> from Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese?
>
> Thanks a lot!!
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Hard reset