From: pokey on
I have had my PDA for nearly 2 years now and it has been working fine. The
other day I went to use my PDA and when I pressed the power button to turn
the PDA on the screen was white and blank. If I pressed the screen I could
hear the menus bleeping as normal but the screen was still blank.

Can any tell me what has happened and why the screen is blank? I always keep
my PDA in the protective cover and I haven't dropped it or damaged it as far
as i'm aware.

Please help.

Cheers
From: Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP - Mobile Devices] on
Is it completely blank (white)? Then, hopefully, it's not a fractured LCD
screen (fractured LCD screens have color patterns). Did you try a hard
reset?

--
Werner Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices
Please see my blog at http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3 -

From: pokey on
Thanks for replying.

Yes it is completely blank (white). Yes i tried a hard reset and the screen
remained blank (white).

Any more suggestions on what the problem is or how i can fix it?

Cheers

From: xTenn on

"pokey" <u20576(a)uwe> wrote in message news:5e60bab0928c7(a)uwe...
> Thanks for replying.
>
> Yes it is completely blank (white). Yes i tried a hard reset and the
> screen
> remained blank (white).
>
> Any more suggestions on what the problem is or how i can fix it?

At this point I would try using a remote viewer (such as Microsoft's
Activesync Viewer) to determine if it is a display problem or a true rom
issue (which sounds to be the case).

From: pokey on
Thanks. Where do i get Microsoft's Activesync View from? Cani download it?

xTenn wrote:
>> Thanks for replying.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>
>> Any more suggestions on what the problem is or how i can fix it?
>
>At this point I would try using a remote viewer (such as Microsoft's
>Activesync Viewer) to determine if it is a display problem or a true rom
>issue (which sounds to be the case).
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: WM5 change language