From: vga-user on
Hi,
Is there someone who has experience with the dos emulator pocketdos?
I've installed & setup the program on my HP4705.
So, dos is installed.
Using the program diskimage,on pc,I have converted a old adventure game
Leisure Suit Larry toa diskimage file on my ppc.
Have tried, over and over, but pocketdos can not find-recognize that
image file (everything is installed in the filestore, using WM2003se).
Srange because explorer recognized the imagefile.
And I want to see that oldfashion memory again on my ppc :-)
Can not find a manual online, only the short version on the site of
pocketdos.
Have seen there are also free dos emulators on the market, but they look
more difficult.
Someone can help?
btw, this subject has been made and send with qmail.
Greets,
Vga-user
From: Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP - Mobile Devices] on
I don't think you need to stick to using PocketDOS - you can also use Pocket
Sarien ( http://www.zophar.net/ppc/agi.html ) for this.

I'll also elaborate on using it in my forthcoming All Emulators for the
Pocket PC article.

--
Werner Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices
Please see my blog at http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3 -

From: vga-user on
Ok, I will give it a try, thx Werner ... are you the ppc-guru?

From: Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP - Mobile Devices] on
I'll also publish an article on Sarien (and FreeSCI, the other Sierra
interpreter available at
http://pocketinsanity.sourceforge.net/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,37/func,fileinfo/id,3/ -
note that the latter is NOT able to run old games, only newer ones. That is,
it won't be able to run the original LSL1, only the VGA version of the game
released later, in the nineties) in the near future.

(BTW, I've tested it with the MS-DOS version of LSL1 available at, say,
http://www.zdnet.nl/downloads.cfm?id=43884 - works flawlessly on all my
non-VGA devices. It didn't present me the software keyboard on my VGA PL720.
Some people, however, said it does show the keyboard on their PL720. That
is, if it doesn't show a keyboard at the bottom of your hx4700 screen, don't
be afraid.)

From: VGA-user on
Wow, Sierra emulator :-)
I have installed it, and changed the config file:

gfx.sdl.fullscreen = yes
animation_delay = 0
midi_device = adlibemu
sound_server = sdl
scale = 1
mouse = yes
color_depth = 16
pic0_scaled = no
dirty_strategy = clusters
pic0_dither_mode = flat
[Leisure_Suit_Larry_II]
resource_dir = \lsl2\files\larry 2
version = 0.000.409

Changes are the resource_dir = \lsl2\files\larry 2
I get the start page , with keyboard, so I press the "enter" button"
(tab, PLAY) and it jumps out of the emulator ... so it does not
recognize larry2

Here is a free download link for Larry2:
http://compactiongames.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=compactiongames&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freewebs.com%2Fskimbleshanks%2F

Euh, not so easy ... or did I make a mistake in the config file?

..freesci in the root
lsl2 also in the root (have 128Mb Ram)

If it works, I can move it to the File store.

What do you think about my settings?
Greets,
VGA-user.