From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-01-08, Tom Shelton <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> wrote:
> On 2010-01-08, Karl E Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
>> It happens that mayayana formulated :
>>> When Tom referred to "creating websites" it
>>> sounded like he was talking about something
>>> on the level of web design.
>>
>> I think he's talking about actually *creating* websites. <G> That is,
>> defining where on the hard disk it will live, what host headers it will
>> respond to, what users have what rights to it, how it will be indexed
>> and logged, and so on and so on. It's actually a very intriguing
>> suggestion, as I've always done this manually and it can get rather
>> tedious.
>>

> Just a thought, Karl - I had to do my stuff in C# do to insfrastructure
> requirements, so, I know it's of know interest to you. But, when I first

no - not know... lame.

--
Tom Shelton
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Tom Shelton has brought this to us :
> On 2010-01-08, Karl E Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
>> It happens that mayayana formulated :
>>> When Tom referred to "creating websites" it
>>> sounded like he was talking about something
>>> on the level of web design.
>>
>> I think he's talking about actually *creating* websites. <G> That is,
>> defining where on the hard disk it will live, what host headers it will
>> respond to, what users have what rights to it, how it will be indexed
>> and logged, and so on and so on. It's actually a very intriguing
>> suggestion, as I've always done this manually and it can get rather
>> tedious.
>
> Just a thought, Karl - I had to do my stuff in C# do to insfrastructure
> requirements, so, I know it's of know interest to you.

<chuckle>

> But, when I first
> started toying with the idea, I was goign to do it with PowerShell -
> accessing wmi stuff is pretty easy in ps. But, I couldn't go installing PS
> on all of the servers - which because of the way the internal standardized
> deployment system works, I would have had to.
>
> Anyway, there is a good PS project for you :)

Always the evangelist, eh? <bg> It's a thought!

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-01-08, Karl E Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
> Tom Shelton has brought this to us :
>> On 2010-01-08, Karl E Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
>>> It happens that mayayana formulated :
>>>
>>> I think he's talking about actually *creating* websites. <G> That is,
>>> defining where on the hard disk it will live, what host headers it will
>>> respond to, what users have what rights to it, how it will be indexed
>>> and logged, and so on and so on. It's actually a very intriguing
>>> suggestion, as I've always done this manually and it can get rather
>>> tedious.
>>
>> Just a thought, Karl - I had to do my stuff in C# do to insfrastructure
>> requirements, so, I know it's of know interest to you.
>
><chuckle>
>
>> But, when I first
>> started toying with the idea, I was goign to do it with PowerShell -
>> accessing wmi stuff is pretty easy in ps. But, I couldn't go installing PS
>> on all of the servers - which because of the way the internal standardized
>> deployment system works, I would have had to.
>>
>> Anyway, there is a good PS project for you :)
>
> Always the evangelist, eh? <bg> It's a thought!

No, I thought you had an interest in PS. It was just a thought of a good way
to get your feet wet :)

--
Tom Shelton
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Tom Shelton submitted this idea :
> On 2010-01-08, Karl E Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
>> Tom Shelton has brought this to us :

>>> Just a thought, Karl - I had to do my stuff in C# do to insfrastructure
>>> requirements, so, I know it's of know interest to you.
>>
>> <chuckle>
>>
>>> But, when I first
>>> started toying with the idea, I was goign to do it with PowerShell -
>>> accessing wmi stuff is pretty easy in ps. But, I couldn't go installing PS
>>> on all of the servers - which because of the way the internal standardized
>>> deployment system works, I would have had to.
>>>
>>> Anyway, there is a good PS project for you :)
>>
>> Always the evangelist, eh? <bg> It's a thought!
>
> No, I thought you had an interest in PS. It was just a thought of a good way
> to get your feet wet :)

I do actually, which is why I only kidded you about evangelizing,
rather than flaming you for it. ;-)

It's just another thing on my long list of TODO tasks. Onnathesedays!

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

First  |  Prev  |