From: Ryan on
Did you ever find an answer to this? I have a user experiencing the same issue. IE8 and WSS 3.0

Franck wrote:

WSS 3.0 : javascript error Permission Denied on filtering list
21-Nov-07

Hi,
We're encountering an issue regarding List filters with WSS 3.0.
When some users try to load the available values in list's column
using the filter dropdown list, it fails.
They only see the ascending and descending options and the available
values for the column are not loaded.

Lookin into the javascript error, we got a Permission Denied on the
_layouts/filter.aspx page.

I can't figure out where the problem is as the users got full control
upon the website.
Could it be a Database rights issue ? An Internet Explorer issue ?

Any help would be most welcome !

Thks.

On Wednesday, November 21, 2007 9:09 PM
Franck wrote:

WSS 3.0 : javascript error Permission Denied on filtering list
Hi,
We're encountering an issue regarding List filters with WSS 3.0.
When some users try to load the available values in list's column
using the filter dropdown list, it fails.
They only see the ascending and descending options and the available
values for the column are not loaded.

Lookin into the javascript error, we got a Permission Denied on the
_layouts/filter.aspx page.

I can't figure out where the problem is as the users got full control
upon the website.
Could it be a Database rights issue ? An Internet Explorer issue ?

Any help would be most welcome !

Thks.

On Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:16 AM
callahan wrote:

Franck,This may be a crazy question, but what browser are they using?
Franck,

This may be a crazy question, but what browser are they using?

-callahan

EggHeadCafe Chat Chaos in Silverlight Released Today
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/325ea67e-d6c4-4811-b096-54f31bdede5d/eggheadcafe-chat-chaos-in.aspx