From: Grant Robertson on
We had the same issue, some people could get the filters to work but others
couldn't. It turns out some were referring to the server in the URL using its
Web application Name (e.g http://Sharepointsite/sites/sitename) whilst others
were using its FQDN (e.g. http://windowsservername/sites/sitename.

The latter were failing to load the _layouts/filters.aspx correctly. Try
checking you are using the Web Application Name in the URL?

HTH

Grant