From: ChrisFrohlich on
I am having an issue with a site collection on my sharepoint server. I used
stsadm.exe with the -o createsite parameter to create a blank corporate IT
test site on our intranet (http://intranet/sites/corporateIT2). Before the
command was finished running however, the command window was closed by
accident.

Now when I go to enumsites for http://intranet, I get the following entry
among the others:
<Site Url="http://intranet/sites/corporateIT2" Error="There is no Web named
"/sites/corporateIT2".">

If I try to run stsadm.exe -o deletesite or -o backup with the CorprorateIT2
url, I get:
"The system cannot find the path specified"

If I try to run:
stsadm.exe -o deletepath with the CorporateIT2 url, I get:
"The managed path you specified does not exist"

If I try to run:
stsadm.exe -o restore -url http://intranet/sites/corporateIT2 -filename
-overwrite from a backup I have of the production corporate IT site I get:
"The Web site address "http://intranet/sites/corporateIT2" is already in use"

If I try to access the site through a browser, I get:
400 error, "Bad Request"

At this point, I'm just trying to clean up/delete the
http://intranet/sites/corporateIT2 path/site that I've created. It's not
hurting much right now as the intranet is still a development platform, and
no one needs the corporateIT2 url, but I want to get a better picture of
what's going on and how to fix it moving forward.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris