From: Melanie on
Filter by Current User works with 'contain' instead of 'equals'.

Patrick wrote:

WSS 3.0 filter by current user help!!
19-Feb-07

In wss 2.0 I had many dataview webparts filtered by the current user
and they all worked great. Now with 3.0 when I set up the filter by
current user in a dataview webpart, I get nothing. What gives? Does
it work in 3.0 or is it "broken". Can any one shed any light on why
this wouldn't be working like it did in 2.0. Thanks for the help.

On Monday, February 19, 2007 5:48 PM
Patrick wrote:

WSS 3.0 filter by current user help!!
In wss 2.0 I had many dataview webparts filtered by the current user
and they all worked great. Now with 3.0 when I set up the filter by
current user in a dataview webpart, I get nothing. What gives? Does
it work in 3.0 or is it "broken". Can any one shed any light on why
this wouldn't be working like it did in 2.0. Thanks for the help.

On Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:27 AM
Mike Walsh wrote:

Is there a different between this and your previous message?
Is there a different between this and your previous message?

The text is different but the problem seems to be the same one.

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ: www.wssv3faq.com / wss.collutions.com
No private questions please (additions to FAQ welcome)
"Patrick" <phill2(a)charter.net> wrote in message

On Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:24 AM
Patrick wrote:

Yeah, it's the same problem. I thought I had cancelled the lastpost. My bad.
Yeah, it is the same problem. I thought I had cancelled the last
post. My bad. I have read a lot of your posts, what do you think about
the [current user] filter not working?

Patrick

BizTalk Orchestration And Web Services.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/62ffe57e-2853-4188-b14d-9fcbec171393/biztalk-orchestration-and-web-services.aspx