From: joono.hong on
Hello,

I recently received an error when trying to access one of the SP sites
running on WSS3.

When I looked at the SharePoint diagnostic log file I discovered the
following error message:

"Failed to cache schema for
3-00BFEA71D1CE42DE9C63A44004CE0104-1-1033-104-5 while caching list
data"

Has anyone seen such error messages before?

Weird thing is that I receive the error message only when I tried to
go to the main site. If I put one of the sites chile site URL or
manually type in Site Settings URL then it works. For example:

http://SP/test -> I get an error
http://SP/test/_layouts/mcontent.aspx -> it displays all sites and
lists that belong to the site w/o any error

Thanks in advance.
From: galvin.paul on
On Feb 15, 9:06 am, joono.h...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently received an error when trying to access one of the SP sites
> running on WSS3.
>
> When I looked at the SharePoint diagnostic log file I discovered the
> following error message:
>
> "Failed to cache schema for
> 3-00BFEA71D1CE42DE9C63A44004CE0104-1-1033-104-5 while caching list
> data"
>
> Has anyone seen such error messages before?
>
> Weird thing is that I receive the error message only when I tried to
> go to the main site.  If I put one of the sites chile site URL or
> manually type in Site Settings URL then it works.  For example:
>
> http://SP/test -> I get an errorhttp://SP/test/_layouts/mcontent.aspx-> it displays all sites and
> lists that belong to the site w/o any error
>
> Thanks in advance.

I don't know the answer to you issue, but I doubt that the cache issue
is the root cause. I've seen caching type errors many times in 12
hive logs and the sites appear to work fine. I'd dig a little deeper
in the 12 hive and see if you find a more "dire" error message.

--Paul Galvin, Conchango
RSS @ http://feeds.feedburner.com/PaulGalvinsSharepointSpace
Web site @ http://paulgalvin.spaces.live.com

From: jorb_ on
In case anyone else experience this issue, please check out the
following discussion:

http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver/browse_thread/thread/f7cf689029153f0a/84cd237e6ea839ff?lnk=raot

Pages: 1
Prev: dws CreateFolder