From: Lionel Theunissen on
I'm after a paper tape reader. Something similar to the OP-80A, but anything
considered, working or not. Please reply via email.

Lionel...

From: Robert Baer on
Lionel Theunissen wrote:
> I'm after a paper tape reader. Something similar to the OP-80A, but anything
> considered, working or not. Please reply via email.
>
> Lionel...

I have a funky one that i had to make a number of fixes.
There are two speeds that give reliable reads: one a slow step stop
step, and the other fastasallheck which will literally eat the paper
tape if not handled properly "on the fly".
I have a manual obtained from the web which covers a similar unit,
which was helpful for the fixes.
The stepper motor which moves the paper tape initially was rusted /
frozen, but it seems that i was able to get it to work WD-40 plus time
then running with more soaking.
But it is too heavy to send that far; you might be better served
making one yourself.
From: Anonymous on

"Robert Baer" <robertbaer(a)localnet.com> wrote in message
> Lionel Theunissen wrote:
>> I'm after a paper tape reader. Something similar to the OP-80A, but
>> anything considered, working or not. Please reply via email.
>>
>> Lionel...
> I have a funky one that i had to make a number of fixes.
> There are two speeds that give reliable reads: one a slow step stop
> step, and the other fastasallheck which will literally eat the paper tape
> if not handled properly "on the fly".
> I have a manual obtained from the web which covers a similar unit, which
> was helpful for the fixes.
> The stepper motor which moves the paper tape initially was rusted /
> frozen, but it seems that i was able to get it to work WD-40 plus time
> then running with more soaking.
> But it is too heavy to send that far; you might be better served making
> one yourself.

It doesn`t matter how many times,
you ask the bitches to put a roll
on the holder, it just doesn`t sink in