From: ^Tems^ on
Is anyone having any problems with Firefox 3.5.6 being slow?

A few pages take ages to load in FF but same pages are quick in
Seamonkey and Chrome and if I have to fill out an online form you can
type away and nothing will appear and then all of the sudden it will
start filling out.

Might go back to using Chrome fulltime.
From: annily on
^Tems^ wrote:
> Is anyone having any problems with Firefox 3.5.6 being slow?

I'm not.

> A few pages take ages to load in FF

Which pages?

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: me here on
^Tems^ wrote:

> Is anyone having any problems with Firefox 3.5.6 being slow?
>
> A few pages take ages to load in FF but same pages are quick in
> Seamonkey and Chrome and if I have to fill out an online form you can
> type away and nothing will appear and then all of the sudden it will
> start filling out.
>
> Might go back to using Chrome fulltime.

I agree - Firefox has been getting slower every version.

I asked someone the same question in n/groups a while back and they had
the same view.

I've used it from when it was Firebird (yes that far back) continuously
and it's still the best (most practical) browser in my view.

In fact I recently did a bit of research on this slowness thing and
there's a few articles about the top four browsers in general going
slower - getting fatter I suppose.

I installed the addon "vacuum places improved" on a suggestion from one
article that this helps.

It seems to have made a difference for the better.

Try that.

I think some of the slow down is also due to all the security stuff we
like to run in the background to feel safe, rather than just being a
browser issue - eg I run anti virus, Spywareblaster, and a software
firewall - in addition to the NAT.

Rob
From: Sandgroper on

"^Tems^" <stevebrooks13(a)live.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone having any problems with Firefox 3.5.6 being slow?
>
> A few pages take ages to load in FF but same pages are quick in Seamonkey
> and Chrome and if I have to fill out an online form you can type away and
> nothing will appear and then all of the sudden it will start filling out.

In the address bar type :
about:config

Then in the filter bar type
network

Then scroll down and set these browser settings.

network.http.pipelining true

network.http.pipelining.maxrequests 20
( this range can be 10 - 30 , but 20 seems to be the best )

network.http.proxy.pipelining true

Then remove the network filter word and then scroll back to the top of the
list and then set
accessibility.blockautorefresh false

Enabling the pipelining and the max requests should speed up the loading of
web pages.

--

Sandgroper
Save planet Earth !

From: SolomonW on
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:17:18 +0800, Sandgroper wrote:

> "^Tems^" <stevebrooks13(a)live.com> wrote in message
>> Is anyone having any problems with Firefox 3.5.6 being slow?
>>
>> A few pages take ages to load in FF but same pages are quick in Seamonkey
>> and Chrome and if I have to fill out an online form you can type away and
>> nothing will appear and then all of the sudden it will start filling out.
>>

> In the address bar type :
> about:config
>
> Then in the filter bar type
> network
>
> Then scroll down and set these browser settings.
>
> network.http.pipelining true
>
> network.http.pipelining.maxrequests 20
> ( this range can be 10 - 30 , but 20 seems to be the best )
>
> network.http.proxy.pipelining true
>
> Then remove the network filter word and then scroll back to the top of the
> list and then set
> accessibility.blockautorefresh false
>
> Enabling the pipelining and the max requests should speed up the loading of
> web pages.

I did this.

Also change in properties -> compatibility from XP or Vista to windows 2000