From: Johnw on
on 15/07/2010, John John - MVP supposed :
> On 7/14/2010 8:42 PM, Johnw wrote:
>> a formulated on Wednesday :
>>> I was logged in as TempAdmin, which, as you can tell, was an Admin
>>> account.
>>> But, can you please confirm for me that I was trying to copy the Admin
>>> profile to the new correct folder, ie. "..\Documents and Settings\User" ?
>>> Because I had to browse for a folder and wasn't sure if that was right?
>>> Once you confirm, I'll try your steps above again.
>>
>> 3. Type this command:
>> set userprofile
>>
>> set userprofile is a typo I think. Probably should be net userprofile.
>
> You certainly didn't try that before you posted...

Correct, but I googled set userprofile & could'nt find a thing.

Got me wondering now.

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"Johnw" <johnmattmel(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> on 15/07/2010, John John - MVP supposed :
>> On 7/14/2010 8:42 PM, Johnw wrote:
>>> a formulated on Wednesday :
>>>
>>> 3. Type this command:
>>> set userprofile
>>>
>>> set userprofile is a typo I think. Probably should be net userprofile.
>>
>> You certainly didn't try that before you posted...
>
> Correct, but I googled set userprofile & could'nt find a thing.
>
> Got me wondering now.

%UserProfile% is one of the many environmental variables. The command

set UserProfile

will give you its current value. On the other hand, your proposed command
"net userprofile" will fail.