From: annalissa on
Hi all,

suppose an Ubuntu or Linux user is using GNOME and he/she has opened
too many folders , suddenly he/she has to shutdown/ switch off machine
due to power failure or some other unexpected reasons , now when he/
she reboots the machine he/she can't remember the folders he/she had
opened earlier so there should be a window restore feature for
nautilus in Ubuntu or Linux in general

Ubuntu or Linux should implement the same window restore feature in
nautilus similar to the one existing in Mozilla firefox

see the screen shot here:-
http://s529.photobucket.com/albums/dd339/aarklon/?action=view&current=nautilus-restore.png
From: Felix Palmen on
* annalissa <aarklon(a)gmail.com>:
[Nautilus should restore previous state after unexpected termination]
> Ubuntu or Linux should implement the same window restore feature in

First, please, take some time to read a little about what is Linux, a
distribution, GNU and Gnome. Ubuntu won't implement anything apart from
tools/scripts needed for distribution/maintenance. And Linux definitely
won't care for things like a graphical user interface.

Second, no matter for what project or product, you're definitely in the
wrong place here if you want to submit a feature request or wishlist
item. Look for the Nautilus project page, you'll probably find some sort
of tracker there with possibilities to submit new issues.

Regards, Felix

--
Felix Palmen (Zirias) + [PGP] Felix Palmen <felix(a)palmen-it.de>
web: http://palmen-it.de/ | http://palmen-it.de/pub.txt
From: jellybean stonerfish on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 00:17:07 -0700, annalissa wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> suppose an Ubuntu or Linux user is using GNOME and he/she has opened too
> many folders , suddenly he/she has to shutdown/ switch off machine due
> to power failure or some other unexpected reasons , now when he/ she
> reboots the machine he/she can't remember the folders he/she had opened
> earlier so there should be a window restore feature for nautilus in
> Ubuntu or Linux in general

There is a setting in "gconf-editor" to tell gnome to save your
windows on logout, and re-open them on the next login. Look
under "/apps/gnome-session/options" for "auto_save_session"

From: Rahul on
annalissa <aarklon(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:cfda98cf-3621-4ca9-8269-
fbc6b6b6031a(a)v6g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

> Ubuntu or Linux should implement the same window restore feature in
> nautilus similar to the one existing in Mozilla firefox

Ubuntu (distro) is a subset of Linux. Nautilus is a file manager whereas
Firefox is a browser (has tabs). Semantics.

--
Rahul
From: mjt on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 00:17:07 -0700 (PDT)
annalissa <aarklon(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> suppose an Ubuntu or Linux user

> Ubuntu or Linux should implement the same window restore feature
> in nautilus similar to the one existing in Mozilla firefox

Some quick [technical] education:

* "Linux" = the kernel.

* "GNU/Linux" = the kernel, plus the GNU utilities.

* "Distribution (or "distro")" = GNU/Linux + value-add applications
and other ease-of-use utilities. Some examples of distros would
be: openSUSE, Fedora, Mint, Debian, Slackware ... ad nauseum.

"Ubuntu" does not equal "Linux".

"Ubuntu" and "Linux" are not responsible for an application's
current state. Even GNOME is not responsible for the state of
an application.

If you want Nautilus to maintain its state across invocations,
you need to submit a feature request to the Nautilus project:
http://live.gnome.org/Nautilus

--
A diva who specializes in risqu'e arias is an off-coloratura
soprano ... <<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>