From: Daffy D. on
Hi,

While debugging I get:

Warning: no message line prompt for ID 0xE001.

Anybody any idea where to look for this?

Ps. Using VS2005

Tia

D.
From: David Lowndes on
>While debugging I get:
>Warning: no message line prompt for ID 0xE001.
>Anybody any idea where to look for this?

If I remember correctly, it's due to you not creating a resource
string for a menu item. If you trawl the MFC source code you'll find
it in CFrameWnd::GetMessageString (winfrm.cpp) - put a breakpoint on
there and debug your application, the call stack will help you find
where it's arising.

Dave
From: Daffy D. on
On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 11:22:02 +0000, David Lowndes
<DavidL(a)example.invalid> wrote:

>>While debugging I get:
>>Warning: no message line prompt for ID 0xE001.
>>Anybody any idea where to look for this?
>
>If I remember correctly, it's due to you not creating a resource
>string for a menu item. If you trawl the MFC source code you'll find
>it in CFrameWnd::GetMessageString (winfrm.cpp) - put a breakpoint on
>there and debug your application, the call stack will help you find
>where it's arising.
>
>Dave

Found it,

Thanx!
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
You should have a resource string for resource ID 57345 (0xE001). If you don't have one,
create one. This should be the prompt which will be displayed in the status line when you
mouse over that menu item. If it is a toolbar item, you may want to do \n in it, followed
by a short prompt, e.g., if it were a menu/toolbar item to open a file, it might read

ID_FILE_OPEN "Open a data file for input\nOpen File"

If you have assigned a symbolic name for your menu item, find out which one it is (check
resource.h) and go to the STRINGTABLE, and add a string that has the same symbolic name as
your menu item (the entries don't ALL have to start "IDS_")
joe

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:43:22 +0100, Daffy D. <x666nl(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>While debugging I get:
>
>Warning: no message line prompt for ID 0xE001.
>
>Anybody any idea where to look for this?
>
>Ps. Using VS2005
>
>Tia
>
>D.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]