From: CQL User on
I'm running 2003 Standard and IIS 6.0 with ASPNet 2.0.50727.

I hava plaguing situation where this particular application keeps crashing
with the following, some times back to back, sometimes after an hour or so.

App Log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 12/30/2008
Time: 3:48:45 AM
User: N/A
Computer: WEB02
Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.3959, stamp 45d6968e,
faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4062, stamp 46264680, debug?
0, fault address 0x0000bee7.

System Log:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1011
Date: 12/30/2008
Time: 3:48:50 AM
User: N/A
Computer: WEB02
A process serving application pool 'WEBAppXX' suffered a fatal communication
error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process id was '2176'.
The data field contains the error number.

I have over 20 other webs on the same server that do not crash like this.
But this app crashes about every hour during heavy loads. My developers
can't find the cause. I've looked at the IIS logs but don't think the
failing event is even being registered. I've run Process Monitor, but there
is no clear pattern as to a calling event that shows during the crash.

I have 2 other app pools in the same webspace, seperating 2 other apps and
they do not fail, just this one.

Any suggestions or has someone else run into this before? I need to resolve
this.

Thanks.

From: Greg Russell on
In news:36FE78A7-414D-4364-B8E8-0C5CB2F05AAE(a)microsoft.com,
CQL User <foo(a)cqlcorp.com> typed:

> I'm running 2003 Standard and IIS 6.0 with ASPNet 2.0.50727.
> Any suggestions or has someone else run into this before? I need to
> resolve this.

Ever wonder why the http server of choice for most of the world is Apache?
(hints: _stability_, security, price and ease of configuration.)

From: Trevor Benedict on
Greg,
My personal opinion is that both these servers are targetted at different
audience. The same solution may not work for all. Both have their pro's and
con's

Regards,
Trevor Bendict