From: HeyBub on
undisclosed wrote:
> Herb, Any resolution on the issue last year? I am experiencing the
> same problem. Although, for all the rest of the folks who posted
> here, "Unknown" is the only one who correctly understood the problem.
> I can use ANY browser, ANY version, WITH or WITHOUT add-ons, all with
> the same result. I've cleared cache and cookies. FF/IE8/Chrome
> don't work for me. However, two feet away on my desktop, TXU.com
> will open in any/all the same browser versions.
>
> Makes no sense.

Rename the HOSTS file to HOSTS.SAV.

From: Unknown on
What hosts file??

From: undisclosed on

Not listed in restricted sites.

Message is not actually a server level 404, but the "OOps, IE8 cannot
find/open this webpage." So it seems like the DNS is not resolving.

Same basic error in FF. Not actually the servers' response, but the
browsers' response. The kind of response you'd get if you were not
connected to an internet connection and tried to open a page.

--
geoughx
From: undisclosed on

Before I try this, two questions:

1. What will this accommplish;
2. How is it that this could be the problem? (*this behavior is
limited to ONLY the site 'TXU Energy :: Home' (http://www.txu.com). How
can a system level problem affect ONLY one site? --Not questioning
your genius, but questioning my ability to comprehend it...-- *)

From: Unknown on
Will it fail if you use IE8, click on file (upper left corner) click open
and type in http://www.txu.com/ then click OK

> Before I try this, two questions:
>
> 1. What will this accommplish;
> 2. How is it that this could be the problem? (*this behavior is
> limited to ONLY the site 'TXU Energy :: Home' (http://www.txu.com). How
> can a system level problem affect ONLY one site? --Not questioning
> your genius, but questioning my ability to comprehend it...-- *)
>

> HeyBub;1768035 Wrote:
>> undisclosed wrote:
>> > Herb, Any resolution on the issue last year? I am experiencing the
>> > same problem. Although, for all the rest of the folks who posted
>> > here, "Unknown" is the only one who correctly understood the problem.
>> > I can use ANY browser, ANY version, WITH or WITHOUT add-ons, all with
>> > the same result. I've cleared cache and cookies. FF/IE8/Chrome
>> > don't work for me. However, two feet away on my desktop, TXU.com
>> > will open in any/all the same browser versions.
>> >
>> > Makes no sense.
>>
>> Rename the HOSTS file to HOSTS.SAV.
>

> --
> geoughx