From: T Shadow on
"Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in message
> Do a file search for 'hosts'.
> "HeyBub" <heybub(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Unknown wrote:
>>> What hosts file??
>>
>> There's only one.
>>
>> It's found here:
>> C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\HOSTS
>>
>> See the paragraph "Internet Resource Blocking" at this entry:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file
>>
>> Bottom line:
>> An entry in the HOSTS file containing a specific IP address will prevent
>> anything from that IP address from being processed by your computer.
>>
>> You can look at it, or modify its contents, using Notepad or any text
>> editor.

Don't think you can put IP address into HOSTS only site names. It's
basically like an internal DNS. The site's name is converted to 127.0.0.1,
basically the bums rush. Haven't tried it out myself yet but AFAIK the
route command can be used to block(mask) IP address(es).

At a command prompt "route /?"

Not an expert. Don't play one on TV.

From: Ol�rin on
Found it, exactly where it should be. I'm curious to know what your point is
here, if any.

From: Unknown on
My error. I must of had blinders on. I saw more than one hosts file but
didn't at the time recognize them.
Apologize.
"Ol�rin" <incanus(a)erkljrjre890aeraekj4na.com> wrote in message
> Found it, exactly where it should be. I'm curious to know what your point
> is here, if any.
>
> "Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in message
>> Do a file search for 'hosts'.
>> "HeyBub" <heybub(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> There's only one.
>>>
>>> It's found here:
>>> C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\HOSTS
>>>
>>> See the paragraph "Internet Resource Blocking" at this entry:
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file
>>>
>>> Bottom line:
>>> An entry in the HOSTS file containing a specific IP address will prevent
>>> anything from that IP address from being processed by your computer.
>>>
>>> You can look at it, or modify its contents, using Notepad or any text
>>> editor.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Microphone problem