From: "Ernie Kemp" on

This is not a direct PHP question but I will be using PHP in the website.

I go to the php list because the wordpress forum does not respond to my
questions and I know some of you have a lot of expertise in other areas than
PHP.

I wish to a my own pages to a theme.

I created pages on my PC and added the code at the top of the page for
wordpress to use the page for a template page.

I than FTP'd the file over to web hosting server template location.

Through wordpress "administrator" I added my file called homepage.php.

I FTP'd my CSS, images, js and flash folders over to the template location.

Went to load the website
http://localhost/Michael-8701/site_flash/wordpress/wp-content/homepage.php
and all I got was the html code displayed.

I tried moving the folder around but same results.

Read some docs on this but it's not clear to me why this will not work.

Please help this is new to me and I need to get over this wall.

Thanks,

...../Ernie

From: Shreyas Agasthya on
Ernie,

I am sure you know none of us could have accessed the link that you have
given there. Can you let us know what code you have written so that one of
us can guide you?

As a broad pitch, your php code has to be either in <?php ?> or <? ?>

I would wait for your code and other to probe a little more.

Regards,
Shreyas

--
Regards,
Shreyas Agasthya
From: "Ernie Kemp" on
So sorry about the link, in too much of a hurry.

My server site is http://digitalbiz4u.com/wordpress/
I used <?php
/*
Template Name: Home Page
*/
in my Homepage.php program.

They very much.

--
Regards,
Shreyas Agasthya

14:36:00

From: "Ernie Kemp" on
Just as a follow up I'm including a link to a test site that I wish to have
the wordpress to be able to change the content, but I'm unable to have
wordpress use my includes.
I must be putting them in the wrong places so need some help with this.

--
Regards,
Shreyas Agasthya

14:36:00

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 10:04 -0400, Ernie Kemp wrote:

> Just as a follow up I'm including a link to a test site that I wish to have
> the wordpress to be able to change the content, but I'm unable to have
> wordpress use my includes.
> I must be putting them in the wrong places so need some help with this.
>
> Thanks,
> .../Ernie

There are guides online to creating Wordpress templates. Have you tried
editing an existing template first rather than create one from scratch?
It's how I've always made them.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk