From: Ian McCall on
On 2010-07-05 22:40:33 +0100, Ian Piper <ianpiper(a)mac.com> said:

> So it looks as though I am in for a fight with them about this. Any
> advice from any users of these printers about how to *prove* that the
> colours are not correct? Is there some sort of absolute test that you
> can do on the printer? It annoys me that the printer has gone wrong
> after only four months and annoys me beyond belief that they have given
> us the sloping shoulders treatment.

Just an idea - is there one in a shop somewhere you could get a test
page print from? You could then do a test page print from yours and
compare, possibly sending both to the company to show your case.

Cheers,
Ian

From: Sara on
In article <89f407F3f4U1(a)mid.individual.net>,
Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:

> On 2010-07-05 22:40:33 +0100, Ian Piper <ianpiper(a)mac.com> said:
>
> > So it looks as though I am in for a fight with them about this. Any
> > advice from any users of these printers about how to *prove* that the
> > colours are not correct? Is there some sort of absolute test that you
> > can do on the printer? It annoys me that the printer has gone wrong
> > after only four months and annoys me beyond belief that they have given
> > us the sloping shoulders treatment.
>
> Just an idea - is there one in a shop somewhere you could get a test
> page print from? You could then do a test page print from yours and
> compare, possibly sending both to the company to show your case.
>

> Cheers,
> Ian

I've got one here - I can send you test prints if you like.

--
Sara

Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment
From: Elliott Roper on
In article
<f413555b-a6a8-4d92-a8fc-1fe8dba2f33d(a)w31g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
MaskellMan <doug(a)cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:
<snip>
> I had the same problem. Was using 3rd party inks, so went back to the
> genuine (expensive) Xerox sticks and appears to be OK now.

So did I. It was just as bad. I went back again to 3rd party inks.

I do think that low usage makes it worse. It might be stuff is drying
out inside between jobs. It helps a little to add blocks at the last
moment so they spend less time stewing out of their sealed pack before
being eaten. It works for cream crackers, why not inkblocks?

Anyway, even though a new printer is not much dearer than a full set of
blocks, I won't be getting another one. Mine also jams the in the
output tray, especially trying to print double sided photos on cheap
paper.

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248
From: Sara on
In article <060720101347037448%nospam(a)yrl.co.uk>,
Elliott Roper <nospam(a)yrl.co.uk> wrote:

> In article
> <f413555b-a6a8-4d92-a8fc-1fe8dba2f33d(a)w31g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
> MaskellMan <doug(a)cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:
> <snip>
> > I had the same problem. Was using 3rd party inks, so went back to the
> > genuine (expensive) Xerox sticks and appears to be OK now.
>
> So did I. It was just as bad. I went back again to 3rd party inks.
>
> I do think that low usage makes it worse. It might be stuff is drying
> out inside between jobs. It helps a little to add blocks at the last
> moment so they spend less time stewing out of their sealed pack before
> being eaten. It works for cream crackers, why not inkblocks?
>
> Anyway, even though a new printer is not much dearer than a full set of
> blocks, I won't be getting another one. Mine also jams the in the
> output tray, especially trying to print double sided photos on cheap
> paper.

Nooo - it *must* be fixable - I love our one and I want you to have the
same lovely experience.

From: Gwynne Harper on
Ian Piper <ianpiper(a)mac.com> wrote:

> I don't really buy this personally, though my partner accepted it. If
> it is true then it seems a fundamental design flaw. And if the printer
> is only intended for use in very high-traffic situations then shouldn't
> they mention this as a major proviso in their marketing materials

Indeed; sale of goods act and unfit for purpose spring to mind - by
design, by their own admission, it is unable to do what you require.

I suppose proof would be to push through enough pages to turn the ink
over to new stock & see what happens. Any idea how much that would be?

Gwynne
--
My real email is net, not line.